-26In the UNM String Lab School, students are offered opportunities to learn and grow from professional Suzuki educators and college interns—the UNM String Lab School is the teaching component of graduate and undergraduate String Pedagogy degrees. Students who enroll in the String Lab School are taught by string pedagogy students (interns) who work under the supervision of professional music educators (coordinators).
Student Registration | Brochure
UNM String Lab School Structure:
- Graduated classes in Suzuki violin, viola, cello, and bass include weekly Suzuki repertoire group and private lessons
- Regular recitals where children perform in groups and alone with a professional accompanist
- Gala Concerts showcase skills children have acquired throughout the semester
- All new parents take a year-long course designed especially for their needs in guiding home practice, managing schedules, Suzuki philosophy and helping to create interest and enthusiasm in their children
Pedagogy Intern Support:
- A staff of experienced, professional Suzuki teachers oversees all group lessons, supporting, guiding and encouraging the efforts of our college interns
- A mentoring program also exists in which more experienced interns give personal help and insights to inexperienced interns
- Each semester, interns video three consecutive lessons, review the videos for self-reflection and assessment, then meet with pedagogy faculty for an additional assessment and feedback on their developing skills
- Interns observe and assess each other during regular demo lessons as well as during all String Lab School classes
Our 2020-2021 School Year begins August 21-26
- Click the brochure link for more information about the UNM String Lab School
- If you have any questions about your child’s registration, please contact Laurie at email@example.com
**UNM String Lab School Cancellation Policy Due to Weather & Other Emergencies
If we feel it is unsafe for families and teachers to travel due to weather conditions or if UNM cancels classes or closes campus for emergency reasons, we will cancel our classes. There will not be makeup classes or refunds if we have to cancel.
If we must cancel, we will put a message on our voice mail (505.277.8816) and will ask KOB and KOAT to add us to the cancelation list that is published on television stations, websites and apps.