From the Liner Notes:
The University of New Mexico’s Women’s Ensemble—known as Las Cantantes—is a highly select group of 15 women from all ares of the Albuquerque campus. Only in its seventh year of existence, the group has already begun to make a name for itself not only within the region, but nationally as well.
Highlights include singing with jazz great Dave Brubeck, performing on the subscription series of the Chamber Orchestra of Albuquerque, and singing for both state and regional conventions of the American Choral Directors Association. The group’s first recording, entitled Enchantment at Chimayó has been heard on National Public Radio (NPR) stations across the country.
For more information about Las Cantantes please contact us.
01) O Euchari in leta via, St. Hildegard von Bingen (1098—1179)
02) Stepping Westward, Libby Larson (b. 1950)
03) Psalm 150, Sir David Willcocks (b. 1919)
Missa Brevis in D, op. 63, Benjamin Britten (1913—1976)
06) Sanctus and Benedictus
07) Agnus Dei
Two Trios, op. 57, John Donald Robb (1892—1989)
08) I Am Very Old Tonight
10) Didn’ My Lord Deliver Daniel?, arr. Jennifer Alsup King (b. 1959)
11) Go Where I Send Thee, arr. Caldwell & Ivory (b. 1963; b. 1969)
12) Tantum Ergo, Michael Sitton (b. 1959)
Recorded in Keller Hall, University of New Mexico
Production assistant: Philip Moody
Recording Engineer: Manny Rettinger
Package Design & Layout: Adam Ford
Financial assistance for this project came from The Albuquerque Friends of Music and the John D. Robb Musical Trust.
©1999 the John D. Robb Trust, all rights reserved